"Bath salts"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 29 17:39:00 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 8:21 AM, Jonathan Lighter
<wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> "Bath salts" were news on CNN back in January, but I was _too lazy to post
> anything about it_.

WTF, Jon?!!! This is coming out of your check!

But, seriously, folks, I figured that it must be something old. It's
quite well written up in the UD and the local newsreader clearly
didn't feel that the term needed any explanation - I had to watch the
entire bit in order to get a clue - though he did claim that the stuff
could *literally* be used as bath salts, implying that selling it as
such wasn't loopholing. Rather, it was using it to get high that was
loopholing, like sniffing glue or huffing propellant. Though the perps
had been arrested, they could be charged only with driving
erratically.

The perps themselves said that it was embarrassing that they were
going to be on the evening news.

--
-Wilson
-----