curious usage note

Jeff Prucher jprucher at YAHOO.COM
Thu Mar 31 04:22:26 UTC 2011

The latest edition of NOAD has no usage note for "jihadist". So someone(s) at
NOAD (or, more likely, NODE) decided they didn't need it anymore. Whether this
is because they found they couldn't support the statements, needed the space for
something else, changed their policies about usage notes, or something else, I
wouldn't guess.

The current definition is here: http://goo.gl/sWBfQ

Jeff Prucher
Editor, Brave New Words: The Oxford Dictionary of Science Fiction.
http://www.jeffprucher.com