rumble strip

Joan H. Hall jdhall at WISC.EDU
Mon May 2 15:44:01 UTC 2011

I know them as "rumble strips."

While we are on the subject; what is the term for the rough roadway
that generates an infernal racket when a car approaches a toll booth?


The American Dialect Society -

More information about the Ads-l mailing list