real-time

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Tue May 3 19:13:32 UTC 2011

At 5/3/2011 02:37 PM, Dan Goncharoff wrote:
>I don't like "real-time" but disagree with the alternatives that have
>been offered. For the POTUS watching the operation, I would go with
>"as it happened".

I don't mind "viewing the raid in real time" but will acknowledge
that the NYTimes avoids it at least once.today.  "... the president
and his advisors gathered in the Situation Room of the White House to
monitor the operation as it unfolded."  [Behind the fold in the page
A1 article.  And remember as a former NYC straphanger I fold my NYT
vertically.]

Joel