pomophobe

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed May 4 02:25:27 UTC 2011

At 10:07 PM -0400 5/3/11, Jonathan Lighter wrote:
>In later life Snow White suffered from pomophobia.  But potatoes were OK.
>
>JL

I'm sorry, I hate to be prescriptive, but I must
insist: This disorder or fetish or paraphobia or
whatever it is must be called by its rightful
name: pommophobia.  Pomophobia is, as ever, the
fear and/or hatred of post-modernism, Brits,
and/or British post-modernism.  No apples,
potatoes, or tomatoes are involved, although
possibly some molecular bangers and mash.  And
what's this with the poisonous green potatoes?
I'm almost positive I've eaten them on St.
Patrick's Day.  Maybe green beer is a natural
homeopathic antidote.

LH