pomophobe

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sun May 8 18:33:43 UTC 2011

At 10:50 AM -0700 5/8/11, James A. Landau <JJJRLandau at netscape.com> wrote:
>  At 4:51 PM -0400 5/7/11, Wilson Gray wrote:
>
>>>  WT@?! How did it ever occur to anyone to soak a foodstuff in lye?
>
>A born Southerner like you doesn't know that hominy is made by
>soaking corn in lye?  Or do Texans not eat hominy?

I don't know about Texans, but apart from grits consumption,
*visitors* to Texas can certainly enjoy their fill of hominy in the
menudo we can get at the wonderful Mexican restaurants abounding on
South 6th in Austin.  But although I knew it was corn prepared in
some fashion, I wouldn't have been able to say how it's prepared.  No
lye.

LH