"Living Large"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri May 13 00:21:51 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 7:55 PM, Shapiro, Fred <fred.shapiro at yale.edu> wrote:
> Sender: Â  Â  Â  American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster: Â  Â  Â  "Shapiro, Fred" <fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU>
> Subject: Â  Â  Â "Living Large"
>
> A former Solicitor General of the United States has asked me about the origin of the expression "living large." Â I would welcome any information on this question.
>
> Fred Shapiro

 Not the origin, but very likely helped to familiarize the phrase
among "the other group," if you'll pardon the euphemism.

Livin' Large! - Sep 16, 1991 - Page 34

Jet - Vol. 80, No. 22 - 64 pages - Magazine - Full view
Comic Film 'Livin' Large!' Also Has Serious Message While the comic
adventures in Livin' Large! are sure to have moviegoers rolling in the
aisles with laughter when the film opens next week, director Michael
Schultz hopes audiences will ...
books.google.com

--
-Wilson