skeevy

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 16 11:13:29 UTC 2011

Paul's mid 1960s recollection is undoubtedly correct, but (in another
cautionary ex.) I did not encounter "skeevy" until the mid '90s, despite
(well, you know).  I then turned up - via friends of friends - a seemingly
trustworthy person (Italian- American) who was positive she and her friends
were using it in NYC in the early '70s.  I never heard it at NYU, 1970-74.

The year to beat in GB seems to be 1980, with very little else for many
years until a post-2000 explosion.

JL