dynamic = "influencing circumstance(s)"?

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun May 22 15:23:00 UTC 2011

Not in OED.

And if it matters, the CNN use seems to refer to a condition that seems
pretty stable (they just don't want him running) rather than one that's
changing "dynamically."

FWIW, "family dynamics" (pl.) is the phrase I'm familiar with. The sing.
would seem to mean the same thing (circumstances evolving according to
a ceratin pattern of interactions) - except in this case.

Another straw in the wind?  (Note "?" here and above.)

JL