Heard on Mob Wives

Mon May 23 11:13:43 UTC 2011

> Thst reminds of whst was said in the 'hood in Saint Louis, back in the
> '40's and '50's:
>
> "I wouldn't fuck her with your dick."
>
> Presumably, the latter or similar is universally known to, if not
> necessarily used by, all guys.

There may be a horse-players version of this.
A few years ago, one of the racing touts of the [New York] Daily News,
reviewing the previous day's races, remarked that a certain horse had ambled
about the track and wrote "I wouldn't bet him back with your money".  As I
recall, the race was for young horses, beginning their careers, and after
such races there is always hope that a horse will do better next time.  Not
in this case, though, it seems.

I only recall this expression from this one occurrence, but I have never
seen the Daily News regularly.  Once saw it more frequently than I have
these last 3 years, and always look at the horse racing news when I do see
it.

GAT

--
George A. Thompson
Author of A Documentary History of "The African Theatre", Northwestern Univ.