"slut" in the news

Nancy Friedman nancyf at WORDWORKING.COM
Mon May 30 21:08:56 UTC 2011

"Slut in the news" reminded me, of course, of Dan Aykroyd and Jane Curtin on
SNL's "Point/Counterpoint."

http://www.hulu.com/watch/2306/saturday-night-live-point-counterpoint-lee-ma
rvin-and-michelle-triola
(At 1:07. Video from 1978, but I believe the phrase originated in a 1976
segment.)

According to Urban Dictionary, [Jane, you ignorant slut] "has become sort of
a ha ha only serious opener to such a counterpoint on Usenet, typically used
amidst flamewars."

Nancy

_______

Word of the week:  Duckface. http://nancyfriedman.typepad.com