Weak lean / (weakling) eggcorn

Arnold Zwicky zwicky at STANFORD.EDU
Tue Nov 1 16:08:43 UTC 2011

On Nov 1, 2011, at 7:58 AM, Larry Horn wrote:

> There are a lot of hits under "weaklean" spelled as one word, although most (but not all) involve someone's twitter or facebook tag of that form (sorry, I don't know the lingo).

here are three examples (of many):

  the parchute tarps that I spoke about weigh right at 100#--being a "weaklean" that won't work.
http://ltlhotshot.myfreeforum.org/ftopic4016-20.php

  SO IF YOU GET BEATEN BY THIS GUY YOU MOST BE THE MOST GAYEST AND THE MOST BIGGEST FUCKIN WEAKLEAN WALKIN THIS FUCKIN PLANET
http://www.angelfire.com/hi2/SLICK50/CWOPICS.html

  But in case if things do get to hairy (I don't mean having to much hair), then I will fight back so that way if anybody knows I'm not a weaklean, if I don't have any choice.
http://www.youtube.com/user/9ColinCampell

arnold