observations on rinse and repeat (UNCLASSIFIED)

Fri Nov 4 19:28:52 UTC 2011

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

> > http://goo.gl/h7RaV
> > Tutorial: Human Factors in Software Development. By Bill Curtis.
1981
> > [confirmed]
> > p. 213
> >> For example, shampoo labels typically state: "Wet hair, apply
shampoo,
> >> rinse, and repeat." As it stands, this procedure creates an eternal
> >> loop, but it is doubtful we would find many bathers forever cycling
> >> through such a

The full quote (and somewhat more accurate citation) is:

"For example, shampoo labels typically state: "Wet hair, apply shampoo,
rinse, and repeat." As it stands, this procedure creates an eternal
loop, but it is doubtful we would find many bathers forever cycling
through such a procedure."

Miller, L. A.;  " Natural language programming: Styles, strategies, and
contrasts" _IBM Systems Journal_
Volume: 20 Issue: 2 Page(s): 184 - 215

I suppose this article is reprinted in the volume cited above.