Bogus Hitler quote

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Nov 15 13:49:53 UTC 2011

I saw this on a bumper sticker a year or two ago. I thought it might
be of interest here, even though it's been thoroughly discredited
elsewhere, e.g.,

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1791/did-hitler-ban-gun-ownership

"This year will go down in history! For the first time, a civilized
nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our
police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the
future!"

(Yes,  the sticker I saw had almost as many words on it as in the
version above, plus the attribution "--Adolf Hitler, 1935." I must
have been tailgating to be able to read all of it.)

JL