"war porn"

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 17 02:11:00 UTC 2011

There is also the secondary sense of "guilty pleasure" that was derived
from the original (e.g., "food porn"). It seems that it's not just
"earlier" vs. "later", but taking two different directions from
different aspects of the same original term.

Something came across my desk this morning. It was a recommendation for
a site called ChartPorn.org--and, as the correspondent sternly warned
me, "Make sure it's DOT ORG!" It is, more or less, a blog version of
Tufte's work. Do I dare look at ChartPorn.com to see what's there? Maybe
it's the sinister doppelganger?

VS-)