'feedback'

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 17 19:00:09 UTC 2011

I can recall from my high-school days (late '60s)  being warned
against using this sense of "feedback" because it was ignorant and
confusing, real "feedback" being something that usually interfered
with communication.

To me, the use of the indefinite article sounds okay but archaic.

1965 _Post-Standard_ [Syracuse. N.Y.] (Jan. 21) 6 [NewspArch]: As
underprivileged children learn to talk and develop an interest in
language, they need feedback from their environment.

1967 _Port Angeles [Wash.] Eve. News_ (Feb. 8) 1 [NewspArch]: I
haven't received a lot of comment on the editorial so far...but I may
get some feedback during the week.

JL