"war porn"

Thu Nov 17 20:13:46 UTC 2011

Jonathan Lighter wrote
>> "Food porn" isn't exactly a "guilty pleasure."  It's food that's
>> enjoyable but bad for you. ...

Jonathan Lighter wrote
> Moreover, "war porn" refers to mediated depictions of real or
> fictional war.  "Food porn" refers to actual, edible food.

Food Porn Daily: The Cookbook (2010) by Amanda Simpson claims that the
term "food porn" has multiple definitions:
http://books.google.com/books?id=R79vjevv0qoC&q=%22food+porn%22#v=snippet&

[Begin excerpt]
The Food Porn Definition

To some food porn is defined as high-fat, artery-clogging food.
dripping with grease. To others, it refers to the flirtations
presentation style or overt sexuality of a cooking show. host. Neither
of these are definitions that we at FoodPornDaily embrace. ...

To us, food porn is a high-resolution, close-up image of any food that
gets your salivary glands flowing, whether a huge, juicy cheeseburger
or a healthy-yet-flavorful piece of grilled fish.
[End excerpt]