52 phonemes of English?

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 23 10:24:35 UTC 2011

I think the standard truespel set of 40 phonemes is the max number across all dialects in USA English.  The difference in dialects appears to consist of swapping around or drop/adding phonemes within this foenubet (set of sounds in a language - my word).

Tom Zurinskas, Conn 20 yrs, Tenn 3, NJ 33, now Fl 9.
See how English spelling links to sounds at http://justpaste.it/ayk