"When are you [Name, LLC] going to _kick out_ Linux services?"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sat Oct 1 18:06:13 UTC 2011

Semantic shift from "get rid of" to "provide."

I'm probably late to the ball with this one, since, IMO, there's at
least one source for the shift that dates back to The War. I can
recall newsreels of supplies being airdropped to the "boots on the
ground," to coin a phrase. Aircrews routinely kicked the supplies out
of the door of the DC-3.

--
-Wilson
-----