IN a movie, ON TV

David A. Daniel dad at POKERWIZ.COM
Tue Oct 4 14:16:41 UTC 2011

Ask George Carlin. He always said "You can get ON the airplane if you want
to. I'm getting IN it." And why do New Yorkers, and a sprinkling of others,
say "standing on line" instead of "standing in line"? If there is a line of
people, and you are part of that line, it seems pretty clear to me that you
are in it, and not on it. Unless, of course, it means an imaginary line
drawn on the ground on which you are standing. That, at least, would make
sense.
DAD

Poster:       "Joel S. Berson" <Berson at ATT.NET>
Subject:      IN a movie, ON TV
---

Why is one IN a movie, but ON TV?

Anon.