"Thaaat's what I'm talking about!"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri Oct 28 01:46:11 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 3:19 PM, Jonathan Lighter
<wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> AAVE?

Certainly, I've known it since childhood and, IMO, its current surge
of popularity is due to the increased presence of the bruz 'n' cuz in
the media, especially as comedians.

However, despite all that, I've never felt that this particular (use
of the) phrase necessarily *originated* amongst the colored, unlike,
e.g. _fisticate with_, IMO. Maybe its apparent novelty stems from the
fact(?) that its use was once only regional? But, as usual,

Youneverknow.

--
-Wilson
-----