sound = 'video of someone speaking'

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Oct 28 21:08:43 UTC 2011

Several times recently I've noticed CNN anchors announce, "And now we
have some sound for you," before switching to an ordinary video clip.
The difference?  In "video," people or things are moving around doing
things.  In "sound," the President or a spokesperson for something or
somebody is calmly talking to journalists.  But you can still see the
speaker.

If a politician gives a campaign speech with flags waving and an
audience backdrop, gesturing decisively, is that "sound" or is it
"video"?  Stay tuned.

JL