no rhyme for "castle"

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Oct 30 23:52:14 UTC 2011

I've never heard the "t" pronounced in "castle".  It's always been ~kasool (~ool as in "wool").  The last vowel would be different than "pastel" ~pasttel, even if stress were on the first syllable, because ~el is different than ~ool.

Tom Zurinskas, Conn 20 yrs, Tenn 3, NJ 33, now Fl 9.
See how English spelling links to sounds at http://justpaste.it/ayk