Heard on TV

Herb Stahlke hfwstahlke at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 6 14:54:25 UTC 2011

When I was working in Nigeria in the mid-1960s the Igbos were referred
to as the "Jews of Nigeria."  Because this was shortly after
independence, I suspect the term was British-influenced.  In 1967 the
term "pogrom" was used almost immediately to describe the massacres
and the expulsion of Easterners, predominantly Igbo, from Northern
Nigeria.

Herb