OT: not "jazz (not music)--1911?"

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 6 15:33:49 UTC 2011

I am not sure what you meant, but I'll try to clarify what I said.

I found volume 200 in the series that was originally published in 1911.
There is no other indication of the printing date, but the general
publisher's promo is attached in the back.

I also found volume 211, which was originally published in 1912. This one
also has publisher's promo attached in the back, but also has a
comprehensive excerpt of the publisher's catalog, including listing of books
to be published in 1929. From this I devised that the second volume (211)
was actually printed in 1928. I would not at all be surprised if the first
volume (200) was printed around the same time, but I have no overt
information one way or the other. Jon pointed to radio being mentioned, so
the ad must be 1922 or later.

VS-)