"which" = 'who'

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 7 19:15:34 UTC 2011

Eyewitness to Carson City IHOP shootings, on CNN: "I saw a lady which had
slumped over on the table."

Guy (on phone) otherwise well-spoken, sounds white, not young. But not old
enough to be a speaker of Middle English, either.

I used to see this occasionally in freshman themes more than twenty years
ago. It would not occur to me in ten million years to use "which" in this
way.

JL