Grammar Girl's "needs done" survey

Eric Nielsen ericbarnak at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 8 06:23:55 UTC 2011

As a navy brat, I moved to--and alternately assimilated the speech patterns
of--Idaho, California, Scotland, South Carolina, and Connecticut before the
age of 11. At each new school the kids thought I talked funny--I  probably
still do.

When I worked in Scotland in my early-twenties I fell back into the local
dialect enough that when I was in London people thought I was Scottish.

Eric