chock/chuck (it) up (to)

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 8 19:10:50 UTC 2011

When the person in the ad says "Chock full of nuts" an "awe-dropper" would think "chock" stands for "chaulk" because they mispronounce "chaulk" as "chock"; another sad consequence of the total replacement of the "awe" sound with "ah" by some USA folks.

May the rest of us reverse
the "awe-droppers" curse,
and retain that sound as a clarifying token
of when our English was better spoken.

Tom Zurinskas, first Ct 20 yrs, then Tn 3, NJ 33, Fl 9.
Learn the alphabet and sounds of US English at justpaste.it/ayk