"temporal"?

Tue Sep 13 17:50:04 UTC 2011

In the context used in your example, it seems natural to me; I would read it as fixed or limited by time, able to neither overcome nor adapt to time or change, temporary, fleeting, transient.

James D. SMITH               |If history teaches anything
South SLC, UT                |it is that we will be sued
jsmithjamessmith at yahoo.com   |whether we act quickly and
                                    decisively