Bachmann Convicted!

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Sep 17 16:17:35 UTC 2011

Rep. Bachmann was explaining to Jay Leno her belief that "innocent
twelve-year-old girls" shouldn't be "forced" to have "a government
injection" against HPV.  Leno said "You're very strident about this." (He
meant "passionate" or "insistent" or something like that.)

Bachmann said, "I'm convicted! I'm convicted!"

She holds a conviction, in other words.

No OED, which offers the religious forerunner.

JL