_melonfarmer_ "motherfucker" In HDAS?

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sun Sep 25 05:10:30 UTC 2011

Used by a character in the '09 re-run, Observe and Report.

But, AFAIK, the term was introduced, if not invented, by Lou Rawls in
his off-the-cuff monologue, "Streetcorner Hustler Blues," used as the
opening for the song, "World of Trouble" in his album, Lou
Rawls--Live, 1966.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dfu8k8es_iY

He also introduced therein the phrase, "white-on-white-in-white," to
describe the classic "pimpmobile" of the '60's: a showroom-new, white
Cadillac convertible with a white top and with a white leather or -
more likely, a white naugahyde, that being very hip at the time,
moreso than ordinary leather; I owned a pair of naugahyde Johnston &
Murphys - interior. _Pimpmobile_ is a term that I invented on May 15,
1963. (Naturally, it didn't occur to me to document this and I've long
since lost track of the ace-boon to whom I spoke it. Not that his word
would constitute "documentation" any more than my own word does, but,
you know..<sigh!>) :-(

But, seriously, folks, the term is so obvious that tens of thousands
of others were, no doubt, independently speaking it in chorus with me,
if not before me.

Rawls's original formula is often reinterpreted to mean that some
nouveaux-riche black dude has a white woman sitting _on_ white leather
_in_ his white 'chine of whatever marque. This reinterpretation is
probably due to the fact that _pimpmobile_ no longer has a standard
definition. One of my ace-boons, back in the day, drove a used,
shocking-pink, flame-jobbed Merc. Nowadays, that junker [Whoa! Just
heard "Go get some boody!" used as the shikai to release the hidden
power of a Shinigami's zanpakutoo. Youneverknow.] might be called a
"pimpmobile," The word has come to mean, "any car other than a hoopty
that a person of taste wouldn't be caught dead driving."

On the gossip show, TMZ, the guys sang a song in which they described
Charlire Sheen as liking to "tap that ass."

I'm slowly learning not to be freaked out by this kind of
trivialization of a once pefectly-good obscenity for which "get some
pussy" was a cover. Oh, well.

--
-Wilson
-----