Quote: your liberty ends just where my nose begins (1894)

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 26 13:51:52 UTC 2011

1887 _Atlanta Constitution_ (Nov. 9) 5 [NewspaperArchive]: The only leading
argument urged by the anti-prohibitionists in this campaign for keeping open
the bar-rooms, is personal liberty. A great man has said, "your personal
liberty to swing your arm ends where my nose begins, [and a] man's personal
liberty to drink whisky and support barrooms [sic] ends where the rights of
the family and community begin.

JL