Further Antedating of "African-American"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 26 19:28:32 UTC 2011

A further possible interpretation of 1822:

"African-American Colony" means a colony that is in some ways African and in
some ways American. That's marginally different from a colony of, for, or by
African Americans, or an "American African colony."

JL