fun with phrases

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 28 18:28:26 UTC 2011

1927 _Charleston [W. Va.] Daily Mail_ (Dec. 20) 15 [Newspaper Archive]: Just
the gift for that SPECIAL someone on your gift list.

1927 _The Bee_ [Danville, Va.] (Dec. 23)  7 [NewspaperArchive]: She will
help you when you come in tomorrow to find the gift that is "different" or
that very special something for that very special someone you have in mind.

Nine-year hiatus.

1936 _Sheboygan Press_ (Dec. 19) 5 [NewspaperArchive]: For That "Special
Someone" There's No Gift Like Fine LUXITE LINGERIE.

Increasingly common before a post-WWII torrent. Every ex. I've looked at is
an ad.

JL