AP Reporter Responds To Chris Hayes Panel Debate On Racism Of Droppin=?UTF-8?Q?=E2=80=99_G=E2=80=99s_?=From Obama Speech

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 29 22:28:03 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 11:52 AM, Jonathan Lighter
<wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know anything about the AP reporter, so I'll assume it was either
> _unconscious_ or a naive attempt at "immediacy."

My vote is for "unconscious." It's like us men joking about PMS and
menstruation. My wife tells me that we guys are so clueless that
there's simply no point. Her final word on the subject is that, when
she looks at it the right way, her developing cancer was a real
mitzve, given the the chemo- and radiotherapy threw her into premature
menopause.

When I remarked that I really had had no idea that menstruation was
such a big deal or some similar inanity, she didn't bother to comment.

Of course, as soon as I had given it a moment's thought, I realized
that I knew exactly where she was coming from. You just want it to
stop. Unfortunately, there's not yet a menopause-equivalent. The hits
just keep on coming.

"Well, at least [I'm] not Jewish," as someone once noted. The
late-great Ray Charles once commented:

"If the blues ever get sung by a white person, it'll be a Jew who does
it. They've known what it is to be somebody else's footstool."

--
-Wilson
-----