"arrest" vs. "charge"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 3 17:30:36 UTC 2012

It must be me. For over a week, highly-paid newspeople and others have been
insisting that George Zimmerman was "never arrested" by police.

Then, a police video surfaced that shows Z. beiin custody at the police
station with his wrists cuffed behind his back. .

In fact, CNN has enhanced the video to help answer the question of whether
Z. had a head injury.  Immediately after two minutes of discussing said
video and enhancement, another journalist informs us that controversy still
swirls around the issue of why Z. "was not arrested."

What is wrong with these people/ me?  Isn't the issue that Z. was released
without being *charged*?  He sure looked like a guy under arrest to me.

This makes even "brokered-convention"-gate look trivial by comparison.

JL