new (to me) lexical item: "concern trolling"

Martin Kaminer martin.kaminer at GMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 9 17:22:07 UTC 2012

I really don't think it's constructive for our group to be focusing on this
term; I believe it would be wise for us to devote ourselves solely to
traditional dialect analysis and not get wrapped up in things that are so
contemporary.  The best course for us IMHO would be to restrict ourselves
to examining usage from the 19th Century at the latest, ideally earlier,
because of the availability of references and the scholastic consensus that
comes with time.  I'm worried that if we run willy-nilly after every new
internet term that appears all we'll achieve in the end is the degradation
of our own scholarship, which would redound adversely on us as individuals
and as a collective.