From Slashdot:

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 9 20:51:28 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 4:13 PM, Joel S. Berson <Berson at att.net> wrote:
> If by "that" you meant "*drive* into the ground"

By "that" I meant the concept of running/driving morale into the
ground - in the sense of causing there to be an *excess* of morale
among the group as a consequence of the firing of its members and the
outsourcing of its work - when the opposite result - the diminution
and erosion of morale - would be expected.

Of course, once that your humble correspondent had been made aware of
the acceptance of definition (b) by the OED, it immediately became
clear to him that he knew not whereof he wrote, though he had been
sufficiently prescient, WRT the possibility of error, as to couch his
objection in the form of a question and not in the form of an
assertion - after all, youneverknow - "for which I thank him," in the
words of Tosh.

--
-Wilson
-----