eggcorn illicit

David A. Daniel dad at POKERWIZ.COM
Tue Apr 17 18:16:59 UTC 2012

Got kind of a cool eggcorn. Unfortunately it's from today's Daily Show
publicity email, which is kind of surprising as one likes to think of them
as the smart ones. Maybe, being really extra smart, they are coining a new
usage. The quote is: "On her Vagesty's Secret Service: The story of Secret
Service agents illiciting prostitutes should be dominating news networks,
but it can't because of Hilary Rosen's stupid remark." No, I don't mean
vagesty, I mean illicit. Interesting new usage would be: "verb, to solicit
something illicit," yes?
DAD