The OED's current format

Wed Apr 18 15:47:45 UTC 2012

Have I mentioned how much I dislike the new arrangement of the OED, and how
much less efficient it is than the old format?

I wanted to check the word "over" used as a noun.  I selected "Headword"
and Noun, then "Lemma" and Noun, but neither gave me simply the entries for
"over" as a noun by itself.  Headword gave me 140+ entries, as I recall,
and made me march through 4 or 5 screens to get to  Over, noun, 1 and Over,
noun, 3, (but no Over, noun, 2, which evidently was cancelled due to lack
of interest).  Lemma gave me 170+ matches.

I also very much miss the outline in roman and arabic numerals and capital
and lower case letters, when trying to skim a complex entry.  Has this been
done away with entirely, or merely hidden away?

GAT

--
George A. Thompson
Univ. Pr., 1998, but nothing much since then.