today's CNN miscellany

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sun Apr 22 21:29:05 UTC 2012

At 4/22/2012 04:56 PM, Jonathan Lighter wrote:
> From a CNN anchor:
>
>"It's good that you've got your toppers, because it's raining."   Caps.
>
>"And now we rock on with some baseball."  Continue.

Was the anchor anticipating enjoying the baseball to come?  (E.g, the
perfect game pitched and the 9-run-deficit overcome Saturday?)  I
take you back in time to 1993 and Lionel's father Richard, whose
favored expression when about to do something outrageous but fun or
to set off on his motorcycle, or both, was "rock on!" and whose
nickname, therefore, was "Rocky".

> From a dolphin expert:
>
>"It seems to have happened in a snapshot." In an instant.
>
>"That's one hypothesy." Hypothesis.

Heresy, as applied to some other CNN anchor's belief?  Or, I suppose,
just the singular of "hypothesis" (which ends in -s, of course).

Joel