request for reference

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon Apr 23 16:09:19 UTC 2012

On Apr 23, 2012, at 11:34 AM, W Brewer wrote:

> Now that my memory has been jarred (Not THAT brain, Igor!), I seem to
> recall that AHD2 had eliminated Watkins & IE (which was then published as a
> separate, bizarrely isloated handbook), but then restored IE to later AHDs,
> giving some of my UCLA classmates a hand in Watkins?s revisions. Ihr naht
> euch wieder, schwankende Gestalten, Die früh sich einst dem trüben Blick
> gezeigt.

It may be worth calling attention to the recently published third edition of the free-standing _American Heritage Dictionary of Indo-European Roots_, revised and edited by Watkins (Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 2011).  150 pages plus an xxxix-page introductory essay on "Indo-European and the Indo-Europeans".

LH