antedating banjo (UNCLASSIFIED)

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Tue Apr 24 22:32:01 UTC 2012

Clearly he ran away from Maryland in 1747 to the less harsh
neighboring province of Pennsylvania, but didn't like it there either
and ran away again ten years later.  (Perhaps this time to avoid
being drafted into service in the French and Indian War, when the
pacifist Quakers sent their slaves as substitutes.)  Both Scipios are
described as short.

Joel