Butthole tree

Eric Nielsen ericbarnak at GMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 25 18:15:02 UTC 2012

Yes, but as Jonathan Lighter noted earlier:

"...The single exception is from the
journal _Veneers and Plywood_ (apparently 1952), which refers casually to a
hole in a tree trunk as a "butt hole."

A butthole in a tree would later be a concern to those who fashion wood
because they would have to work around it. It sounds like some craftsman
slang to me as in, "Oh no, another butthole, here".

Eric