another SOTA or two (and The Good Wife)

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 25 19:56:18 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 2:23 PM, Hunter, Lynne R CIV
SPAWARSYSCEN-PACIFIC, 71700 <lynne.hunter at navy.mil> wrote:
> [C]an you blame her? Â "Fifedom" has such an erudite ring
> compared to the humble "fiefdom."

*I* certainly can't blame her. As a consequence of my own preferences
WRT sound-symbolism, I, at one time, used to think, "_Lafe_ Ericsson,"
and I was much disappointed, when I discovered that the pronunciation
is, in fact, the [ugh!] declasse "_Leef_  Ericsson."

Youneverknow.

But, wait! Don't people study feudalism, becoming familiar with the
relevant jargon, in middle school?!

--
-Wilson
-----