flip the script

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 25 22:48:30 UTC 2012

Means to turn the tables or do something quite the opposite of what's
expected.  I first met with this close to twenty years ago in the first
wave of highly publicized rap slang. For some reason, it seems to be
"happening" now.  I've heard it on TV two or three times  in the last month.
Headline in today's Yahoo News:  "Woman flips the script on debt
collectors."

JL

""If the truth is half as bad as I think it is, you can't handle the truth."