style madness

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Apr 29 23:18:27 UTC 2012

Apparently, the History Channel's policy has always been that narration
must be in the historical present.  I don't believe I've ever heard even a
professorial interviewee orient his narrative to the past tense.

And the History Channel's biggest hit ever appears to be "Pawn Stars."

Lindsay Lohan was just one of many, many movie stars and sports celebs at
the Annual White House Correspondents' Dinner (previously known by
attendees as the "Nerd Prom"), as the President of the United States
exchanged scripted quips with Jimmy Kimmel about empty campaign promises
and eating dogs.  People laughed and clapped.

JL