"go figure"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 30 11:35:46 UTC 2012

Regardless, I first encountered "Go figure!" in the _National Lampoon_
about 1980.  That was after about a dozen years of obsessing about informal
neologisms.

It didn't get into HDAS because it didn't seem sufficiently slangy. A
judgment call. (By way of contrast, "Who'd 'a' thunk it?" was on the list
for the final volume.)

JL