"That bites the big one!"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 30 12:09:37 UTC 2012

Valuable comments. Sounds like "It bites!" is as old as "It sucks!"  Is
that likely?   During a detailed discussion in 2004, Wilson attested to the
earliest known occurrences of "It sucks," from 1959. Presumably "It sucks!"
had been around for a while.  (See Archives under "SUX.")

HDAS has "bite" only from 1971, "bite the big one" from 1977.  No "bite the
meat."

JL