1947 citing in Archie Comic of "butthole." What did it mean?

W Brewer brewerwa at GMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 30 17:12:56 UTC 2012

John Baker wrote: <<<In the meat context, people used "butt" to refer to
ham, a quality pork meat, rather than low-grade beef, so a contrast with
"prime beef" is unlikely.>>>

(1) Hypothesis #794 does not compare {butt} (a prime cut of meat) with
{prime} (the best quality of meat). Au contraire, it states that Betty
compares the ushering job to a PRIME cut of meat (e.g. filet mignon) while
Archie (nai..vely [give me a f^q#@$ umlaut here!] unaware of any possible
offense) compares it to a BUTTHOLE form of food {:^o}. What then is a
BUTTHOLE form of food? Can you eat a HOLE? Besides donut holes {;^0}. A
butthole is nothing. It exists merely by virtue of the shape of the
intestine embracing it. Ergo butthole can be viewed (endoscopically as
well) as intestinal casing for lower grades of butcher?s products (I
hesitate to use the term MEAT) {8^(}. For some reason, <<You don?t know
shit from fat meat>> popped into my head. It may be apropos, I don?t k-know.
(2) I see Google has attached an ad for FREE SAUSAGE RECIPES on one of the
posts. So apropos. <<Learn How to Make Sausage with the Recipe Toolbar -
Free!>> Oh joy. Butthole stuffers.
(3) Hypothesis #795: When a cowboy in the Old West said laconically <<I
fell on my butt.>>, he may have meant <<I fell off my horse and landed on
the butt-handle of my Colt 44, which was quite painful.>> Hence gnot an
early attestation of butt (anus)? {:^*}